Some of the best fruits, such as avocadoes, berries, and mangoes, are sold frozen, and there’s a reason for it. Most of the exotic fruits are produced in one part of the globe, but are consumed in every other country. It would be insane if each consumer asked for fresh blueberries or cherries. Freezing fruits is the best way to deal with the perishable factor, and you don’t have to compromise on the nutritional value either. What’s more? You can even shop for an organic frozen fruit that may otherwise seem unavailable in your local area. Given that a lot is being written about commercial fruit production, organic produce is quite in demand. In this post, we will talk about healthy and smart ways to have frozen fruits.
- As a snack. Just open the packet and have a bunch of frozen raspberries or blueberries. Fruits are great for snacking, and if you don’t feel like trying any of those complicated recipes, this the best way to consume those antioxidants and vitamins. You can have fruits mid-morning or in the evening.
- As a quick smoothie. You can blend frozen fruits with low-fat milk to create a smoothie that’s not only healthy but also low on calories – just don’t add the sugar. Most of the smoothies can be made and enjoyed with sugar, and on a hot day, you can add some crushed ice.
- As your breakfast inclusion. Love oats in the morning? Top it with some frozen mangoes and berries. The good thing is you can add frozen fruits to any kind of morning meal, even with sausages and salamis! Make sure that you top your favorite breakfast with some cherries and strawberries.
- As a fruit salad. Throw in some of the best fruits you love – doesn’t matter frozen or fresh, and you can add some honey to create an instant salad. Some salads also work well with mayo or some extra seasoning. The idea is simple – reduce the intake of carbs.
- As a mix for yogurt. Unless you are having some form of exotic Greek yoghurt, not everyone loves it. If you hate the sour taste, add some bananas, mangoes and berries to create your own mix. This can be a good mid-morning snack or something for breakfast.
What are you waiting for? Stock your freezer with fruits and start a healthy way of life!