According to several financial reports and investigative editorials, the Australian food service industry is booming in today’s day and age:
- At the present moment, the café, restaurant, and catering sector contributes almost $25 billion to our country’s economy and it employs nearly 550,000 people.
- Based on recent estimations, there are anywhere from 34,000 to 37,000 independently operated food service businesses in Australia and about 90% of these entities are classified as small businesses.
- The food service niche will continue to expand for the next several years and it could grow by as much as 6% by the year 2022.
As such, eateries and catering companies are synonymous with the Australian lifestyle but far too many proprietors continue to neglect the crucial responsibility of scheduling periodic maintenance and upgrades for their kitchen equipment.
What You Need to Know About Contemporary Kitchen Appliances
If it’s been quite some time since you arranged professional commercial food equipment repairs in Perth, take a brief moment to read through the following statistics and data points:
- The grease residue in commercial kitchens can actually combust at a temperature of 370 degrees Celsius and the resulting flames can ignite to upwards of 1,000 degrees Celsius.
- The five most recent kitchen fires in Australia caused more than $30 million in damage and property destruction.
- Roughly 47% of restaurant fires in Australia can be directly attributed to faulty fryers, congested grease traps, and malfunctioning appliances.
- Failing to maintain your equipment poses more than just a safety hazard; unkempt oil accumulation and grease masses will substantially reduce the quality and taste of your food.
- During a recent coast-to-coast survey of food service managers, researchers found that the typical establishment has not upgraded the internal cooking mechanisms and apparatuses in more than eight years.
- However, it’s worth noting that modernised combi ovens, deep fryers, and burners are up to 60% more energy efficient than the outmoded appliances that seem to be mainstays in every commercial kitchen.
As such, the onus is on you to reach out to a reputable panel of food equipment engineers to help you establish a cost-conscious maintenance and upgrade strategy, particularly if you’d like to keep up with the local competition, guarantee a safe kitchen, and encourage repeat customers.
How Can My Local Engineers Help?
If you book a site inspection with a trusted specialist in your vicinity, you’ll gain immediate access to a comprehensive range of budget-friendly services:
- Inclusive gas, plumbing, and mechanical assistance
- Insurance reports, corrosion analyses, and combustion prevention
- Economical preventative maintenance schedules and routine upkeep plans
- Extensive selection of energy-efficient hot water systems, process ovens, rotisseries, proovers, mincers, slicers, filtration provisions, and other essential equipment
- Gas and electric options to suit your scope of operations
- Design advice and schematic guidance
Best of all, you won’t have to pay a single dollar for your introductory consultation and quote. Your initial service call will be completely free of charge and you’ll be able to pinpoint your exact needs without having to struggle with unwarranted sales pressure.
So be sure to contact a time-honoured food equipment engineer sooner rather than later.