Recipes for duck breast, is this eaten commonly? This is a question that has many answers. It is a belief that this is an under-utilized source of protein. This is because many people have never tried having it even once outside at a restaurant and did not try it cooking at home.
Here are some of the reasons:
- They consider the recipes of duck breast are time consuming
- They are very expensive
- Not available noticeably
The fact about being time consuming is that they do not know the right way of cooking or do not follow the proper procedure of cooking. The next about the cost is that they are in the same price range as the chicken. They are available, only there is a need to check at the right places.
Important things to know:
Cooking duck breast basically includes knowing few important things:
- They are delicious and paleo-friendly. It is really tasty and also good, containing great protein source, iron, B-vitamins and essential minerals.
- The duck breast meat is dark in color and it contains a distinct flavour, much different from the taste of chicken.
- It has a savory flavour that even without adding any seasoning it is a bit salty.
- If you wish to have a tendery and juicy food, there is a need to cook it correctly.
Preparing the recipes for duck breast is not really difficult. it is a must you get it only from the right source and do not support any ill farming practices factory. It is crucial to get quality duck meat; it should be from the ducks that are ethically raised with plenty of space and sunshine, besides good diet.
Generally the duck growers perceive that duck meat is for a restaurant or a special meal and so are small operations. This is the reason the demand is not high.
What goes perfect?
Duck meat goes perfect with sour and sweet food as pairings such as balsamic reduction, caramelized onions, fresh and dried fruit, and orange sauce. In fact, the warm spices such as pepper, cinnamon, allspice, Chinese five-spice powder, fennel and vanilla can be included in most of the duck breast recipes. You can also include roasted vegetables, and it is really tasty in curries. It can be had with anything such as fresh salads, cabbage, beetroot, and lots more. Try cooking at home!